|Avanza's fuel consumption
1. What are the fuel consumption figures for the
new 1.5G Toyota Avanza?
2. How to improve further this fuel consumption?
3. What other devices other than fuel saver,
which can help?
4. Can you recommend a fuel saving device suit-
able and proven for the 1.5 Avanza, and how much
(in per cent) can it save?
1. We normally do not give fuel consumption figures
for any vehicles because we believe that fuel consumption is very much related
to your right foot. You can do a full tune-up of the engine to ensure that
the fuel mixture ratios are correct and that the vehicle is not running too rich. If your exhaust pipe is black and sooty,
this is an indication of too rich a mixture and you need
to get the engine tuned. Tyre pressures also play a part
in fuel consumption and if the pressures are correct,
this would help your overall fuel consumption.
2. I am not a great believer in fuel saving gadgets
because their results are never consistent and therefore
cannot be taken as conclusive. It is very difficult to
improve on the fuel consumption figures quoted by
the manufacturer just by attaching a device, and if
such a device is so good, how come all the vehicle
manufacturers have not fitted them to their cars?