Question : I AM the proud owner of the new Accord 2.0.
1. Since it's a single overhead cam, does it apply the i-VTEC system on both the intake and exhaust?
2. Where can I get the technical details of the engine since this cannot be found in the manual book?
3. The exhaust catalyst converter is called a three-way catalyst where some of the waste gas is directed back to the cyclinder for low emission purpose. If I install a performance extractor and remove the cat converter, will there be any damage to the car?
1. From my understanding, the iVTEC of this engine operates on the intake valves and is used to provide better consumption and performance.
2. You can get quite a lot of information on the engine from Wikipedia.
3. Firstly, removal of the cat convertor is actually illegal as you are increasing the emissions and you can be prosecuted.
In terms of actual loss in performance, you may not find any loss of power or damage to the engine, but if you do this during the warranty period, your warranty will be invalidated, i.e. no longer valid.